Crazy Cactus Turbo Yeast #66 – 1kg
All you need in one yeast! Our Yeast #66 is a nutrient-packed yeast, mixed with our own special recipe of goodness for an active fermentation process. The recipe we use for our much loved Crazy Cactus Yeastinator! is the same quality you have in our Yeast #66. It also includes a PH stabiliser to prevent the PH drop normally associated with sugar based fermentations.
What is it?
A special yeast and nutrient blend that yields higher alcohol (ABV%) levels and in a shorter period of time.
- Pitch rate – 3g/L (the 1kg pack was designed for 300L fermentations).
- Alcohol tolerance – Up to 15% at the above pitch rate.
- Temperature tolerance – Ideal temperature is 28 degrees Celsius. But for a faster fermentation up to 32 degrees can be tolerated.
- To reduce SO2 production, aeration of the wash is recommended.
- Crazy Cactus #66 ferments optimally at pH 4-6 but can still operate outside of this range (e.g. pH 3-7). It is best practice to monitor pH as it is likely to drop as fermentation progresses. If possible, avoid levels below pH 3.5 to avoid prolonged fermentation times. Adjust PH with Sodium Bicarbonate or another alkaline adjuster if this happens.
How do I make a Turbo Yeast Mash?
Check out this video on the Moonshine Distillers page for a quick and easy recipe!